Friday, March 1, 2013

Intro: Words.Sounds.Images.

For a very long time, since back in 2004, I’ve had this idea to combine words and images in a “new” way, for lack of a better word, to depict scenes that move people. These scenes are a hybrid of poetry and short story writing. And the images aren’t literal depictions of the text, but rather convey their own ideas that might even be separate from the text to add another layer of meaning to the scene. This blog, along with the corresponding YouTube Channel, is an evolution of this idea and adds another component: sound. 

Words. Sounds. Images. is a place where I’ll experiment with this idea with varying degrees of success, I’m sure. Sometimes, I’ll mash up words, sounds and images from pop culture. For example, I’ll combine words from a book with a scene in a movie or something like that. Sometimes, I’ll combine my own words, images and sounds. Regardless of the endless combinations, the overall purpose of what I do here is to move people.

So please follow this blog. Since these creations take time to conceive (and I also have a million other interests), I don't anticipate posting with a high degree of frequency, so I won't clog up your email. Also, feel free to share this and future posts. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment